Fancy some Mola Mola soup?
A few days ago, I witnessed an epic ground breaking turn around of events for the anti-shark fin movement on Facebook.
From an inciendiary status update announcing that “Screw the divers, Shark Fin and Mola Mola products to be available [in Singapore’s largest supermarket chain] by Chinese New Year” …
…to that supply company removing it’s Facebook page after being flooded with comments…
…to that that Supermarket chain (NTUC FairPrice) denouncing the supply company and announcing it would make no further orders for Shark Fin products!
THIS IS HUGE FOR SINGAPORE - another major supermarket chain, Cold Storage, already denounced shark fin in October last year.
This little controversy has boosted awareness of the anti-shark fin movement at it’s busiest time - the run up to Chinese New Year!
- kassie-alvarez reblogged this from thetoucantimes
- thetoucantimes reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- kaifoundnemo likes this
- lifethroughgeologictime likes this
- rainpetals likes this
- thatoceanisnotsilent reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- youngradiolarians likes this
- fluffballs-and-scales reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- fluffballs-and-scales likes this
- cyanimator likes this
- chewbaccaschurro likes this
- lukelovesfish reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- mad-as-a-marine-biologist posted this